- Fill out a membership application and mail it to the AFCM office: AFCM, PO Box 1918, Willmar, MN 56201.
- Give recommendation forms to be completed and mailed directly to the AFCM office.
- Your Regional Director may contact you to schedule an appointment for a personal interview so that your application can be reviewed.
- After application is approved by your Regional Director, the information is sent back to the AFCM office for review and a decision will be made as to your eligibility to receive credentials from AFCM as well as the level of credential (whether license or ordination) you can receive.
You will be notified by mail of the decision.
- Who is qualified to receive ministerial credentials?
- In one sense all believers are called to minister, because all believers
have been called to serve God and His people and to live lives that are
pure before God. And finally to share the gospel with the lost. However,
ministerial credentials pertain to those believers who have been given
the responsibility of fulfilling full-time five-fold ministry. (Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Teacher and Evangelist). Their function and responsibilities differ from a lay-worker or a person serving in the ministry of helps. In one sense a five-fold minister requires this recognition so that their ministry can be recognized by civil authorities and requires a higher level of accountability. The Bible establishes the spiritual and moral qualifications of five-fold ministers who are called Elders in 1Tim. 3:2-7, as well as Titus 1:1-8.
- Moral qualifications
- The minister is to be blameless (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister must be temperate (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister is to be sober (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister is to be of good behavior ( 1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be given to wine (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be a striker (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be greedy of money (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be a brawler (1Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be covetous (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is to be lover of good (1Timothy 1:8)
- Eligibility for Licensing/ Ordination
- AFCM recognizes ministers from other fellowships, but transfer of a minister’s credentials will not be accepted unless the minister meets the requirements as set forth in the AFCM bylaws.
- In summary, AFCM uses the following criteria to test eligibility:
- One who has a divine call to a five-fold ministry.
- One who is in full time ministry.
- One who has demonstrated this call.
- The minister must have studied and shown himself approved in
handling the Word of God accurately. Others have recognized the call on the minister’s life.
- The minister must maintain compliance with AFCM bylaws concerning doctrine and ethical standards.
- The minister must exhibit the proper fruit in character and ministry.
- The minister must devote significant time to preaching and teaching the Word of God from a recognized ministerial position requiring five-fold ministry.
- The minister should by virtue of his office, administer the ordinances of the church and conduct weddings and funerals.
- Except in church planting, a minister should derive most of his income from his ministerial duties.
CHRISTIAN WORKER STATUS is a level of membership specifically targeted for an individual who has exhibited faithfulness and effective service in a support or helps ministry role either in a church or ministry, either as a volunteer or a staff member.
Applicants must exhibit attitudes and conduct that are exemplary. They are not, at this point, being recognized as a five-fold minister, although they may have that potential, this level of membership is not about determining that.
Applications for this level of membership are initiated by the individual’s pastor who must already hold credentials with AFCM. A completed application, dues payment, and a pastoral recommendation form must be returned to this office before we can begin to process applications.
Please Please READ and COMPLETE the form CAREFULLY as we use this information to update your membership file. Husbands and wives who are both members of AFCM must complete separate forms.
To maintain active status, it is very important that we receive your completed application and dues no later than DECEMBER 31. A late fee of $25.00 will be assessed after this date. If your renewal has not been completed by January 31, your credentials with AFCM will lapse. Late fees and reinstatement fees will apply.
In order to qualify for the MISSIONARY/FOREIGN MEMBER dues, you must live on foreign soil a minimum of 9 months per year.
If you do not have internet access, are not able to complete your renewal online, or have any questions about the renewal process, please contact me at email@example.com or 918-392-0511.
We appreciate you and look forward to our best year yet!